Permanent Part Time Pharmacist
Permanent Part Time Pharmacist
File No: MNU-21-10
Date Posted: December 10, 2021.
Closing Date: Until filled
Position: Part Time Pharmacist
Location: Ongwanada Resource Centre
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week
Wage: Hourly: $61.40
The part-time pharmacist is responsible to work in conjunction with the Director of Pharmacy in providing oversight of Pharmacy operations including: professional supervision of the Pharmacy facilities, equipment, supplies and drug information, record keeping and documentation, drug procurement and inventory management, training and orientation, safe medication practices in accordance to professional and Ongwanada’s policies and procedures.
Ongwanada offers defined benefit pension (HOOPP), a competitive benefit plan or paid in-lieu of benefits for casual and part-time employees
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Filling and checking requisitions, prescriptions ensuring they meet all legal requirements, accuracy of the demographic and prescription data;
- Approving all routine purchase orders and requisitions, ensuring adequate inventory control systems to detect, segregate and dispose of outdated, deteriorated, recalled, obsolete or hazardous drugs;
- Compounding and manufacturing of extemporaneous preparations;
- Ensuring all delegated protocols permitted in the Pharmacy are in compliance with the Ontario College of Pharmacist policies;
- Maintaining, sources of information on preparations, reference texts and journals in the department in accordance with licensing authorities standards as well as striving for current information;
- Participating in clinical activities and research for improving the outcome of drug therapy;
- Performs other related duties as
** For the complete position description please contact Human Resources through c email@example.com
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- The part-time pharmacist is a pharmacist licensed in Part A of the register who is identified by the administrator to be responsible for the operation of the pharmacy (designated manager);
- The part-time pharmacist will work in conjunction with the designated manager and at times will be delegated the acting role in its authority over decisions affecting the operation of the Pharmacy and shall ensure adherence to the requirement defined by the legislation and policy governing the practice of Pharmacy as per the Drug and Pharmacies Regulations Act;
- The incumbent must be licensed and in good standing as a pharmacist in the Province of Ontario (Ontario Health Disciplines Legislation) and have good organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills are required to counsel with clients, staff and supervisors on a daily basis;
- Computer knowledge of Kroll and application skills are required;
- Pharmacy experience in an agency for supported individuals with a developmental disability would be an asset.
Les candidats bilingues sont fortement encouragés à soumettre leur candidature.
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume quoting file number by the noted closing date to:
Human Resources Generalist– Human Resources Ongwanada
191 Portsmouth Avenue Kingston, ON K7M 8A6 Fax (613) 548-8135 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note consideration will be given to internal bargaining unit members before proceeding with external applicants.