Ongwanada is committed to doing everything we can to protect the health and safety of people with developmental disabilities and those who support them during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We have been asked by a partnership of Ontario’s developmental service agencies called the Sector Pandemic Plan Initiative for assistance in understanding needs, advocating for resources and creating strategies to best manage the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on people with developmental disabilities and those who support them. We are asking for your participation in a survey to learn:
- The needs of families during this time
- The impact of COVID-19 on the person(s) with developmental disability you support
- The impact of COVID-19 on you as someone who provides support
- What resources, if any, have you found helpful?
- What supports are needed to maintain health and safety (for example, access to behaviour services by phone or facetime), or technology (for example, to use in submitting for Passport reimbursements.