Ongwanada serves as the accountable agency for the Community Network of Specialized Care (CNSC) in the South East region. The CNSC is responsible for the provision of complex support coordination, dual diagnosis justice case management and health care facilitation for adults with developmental disabilities who have high support and complex care needs.
- Leading, developing, facilitating, coordinating, monitoring ,and updating a person-centred plan with people and caregivers;
- Coordinating support to enhance existing resources and services;
- Liaising with different sector partners including the criminal justice system and health care system;
- Assisting with system navigation;
- Referral and facilitating access to and from specialized resources at the local, regional, and provincial levels; and,
- Cross-sector coordination support to divert people with a developmental disability or dual diagnosis in conflict with the law.
Eligibility & Referrals:
Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) will identify adults with high support complex care needs based on established criteria and where appropriate, will make the referral to the Community Network of Specialized Care. To access this service, contact Developmental Services Ontario (DSO).