Casual Treatment Counselors
Casual Treatment Counselors
File No: OP-22-114
Date Posted: June 29, 2022
Closing Date: July 6, 2022
Location: Sunnyside, Gore, and Haig Treatment Homes
Date of Vacancy: July 11, 2022.
Hours of Work: Call in hours – no minimum guarantee
Wage: Hourly: $31.48 – $32.49
Ongwanada offers defined benefit pension (HOOPP), a competitive benefit plan or paid in-lieu of benefits for casual and part-time employees.
POSITION: The Treatment Counsellor will provide support which is short-term, empirically-based and outcome driven as part of a multi-disciplinary team for individuals with a developmental disability and a mental health diagnosis and/or challenging behavior. Treatment home Counsellors will be appointed as primary counselors for specific clients and will work collaboratively with families, agencies, and other members of Ongwanada’s multi-disciplinary team utilizing a bio-psycho-social model. Treatment Counsellors will strive to provide clients with reasonable choices and seek to involve them in all aspects of community living.
- Provide direct care with clients in a variety of duties
- Assist in the planning, development and implementation of client treatment/behavioural support plans and related duties
- Performs organizational and administrative duties and other general duties as assigned
For the complete position description please contact Human Resources through firstname.lastname@example.org
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Graduate of a Community College or University in a related field, i.e. Developmental Service Worker (DSW), Behavioral Science Technologist (BST.), BA Psychology, Registered Nurse
- Current certificates in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation, First Aid, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, Advanced Crisis Intervention, Behavioural Analysis Training and any other course deemed appropriate by Ongwanada
- Successful completion of an Ongwanada recognized pharmacology course
- A valid class G driving license with full driving privilege, and successful completion of an Ongwanada recognized Defensive Driving Course
- Strong interpersonal, oral, written communication skills with good observational and recording abilities.
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job and work shift
- Experience working with dual diagnosis, highly physically aggressive clients in an intense work environment
- The incumbent must meet and maintain the physical and cognitive, and attendance requirements of the position
Les candidats bilingues sont fortement encouragés à soumettre leur candidature.
Please submit a Cover Letter and Resume quoting file number by the noted closing date to:
Human Resources Generalist– Human Resources
191 Portsmouth Avenue
Kingston, ON K7M 8A6
Fax (613) 548-8135 Email: email@example.com
Please note consideration will be given to internal bargaining unit members before proceeding with external applicants.